If you’re searching for a professional cleaning service for your business, you may be wondering what commercial cleaning is and what types of cleaning tasks are included? In this guide, you’ll get a clear definition of commercial cleaning services, as well as an understanding of how commercial cleaning companies can truly benefit businesses.
First, it’s important that you know what facility management is. Facility management is the professional management of several support aspects which ensure essential business operations are carried out. These services include building maintenance, communications, waste management and more. Overall, they aid the efficiency, comfort, and safety of staff and buildings.
Types of Commercial Cleaning
Commercial cleaning services essentially provide cleaning for businesses, including offices, retail outlets, restaurants, factories, and more. A commercial cleaning service is part of facility management, and the type of commercial cleaning carried out depends on the individual contract cleaning company.
Here are the different types of commercial cleaning in more detail:
Daily office cleaning provides a pristine working environment for all staff. A clean office ensures staff are working in comfortable surroundings that promote the efficient running of the business.
This type of cleaning service includes:
- Deep cleaning of all commonly touched surfaces, including desks, IT equipment, door handles, switches, bins and more
- Window cleaning and wiping down ledges
- Carpet cleaning and disinfecting hard flooring
- Deep cleaning of front of house and reception areas
- Wiping down fixtures and fittings, such as skirting boards, cabinets, lighting, pictures and clocks
- Deep cleaning of kitchen and toilet areas
School cleaning ensures students, staff and visitors are in a safe, germ-free environment. Hallways and classrooms are high traffic areas that are susceptible to dirt and mess so keeping these cleaned daily is a must.
School cleaning services include:
- Deep cleaning of classrooms, hallways, reception area
- Deep cleaning of toilets and staff kitchen
- Steam vacuuming of carpets
- Disinfecting hard flooring
- Window and door cleaning
- Sanitising door handles
- Wiping down skirting boards, light fittings etc
- Sanitising gym equipment
- Deep cleaning of sports facilities
Public Transport Cleaning
- Deep cleaning of interiors
- Bleaching of floors
- Steam cleaning upholstery on seating
- Sanitising handrails
- Cleaning windows
Depending on the size of the hotel, regular hospitality cleaning duties can range from deep cleaning of hotel rooms to public areas, such as reception, lounge, sports facilities etc.
This cleaning service can often include:
- Deep cleaning of shared facilities
- Sanitising door handles and light switches
- Disinfecting flooring
- Steam cleaning carpets and welcome mats
- Deep cleaning the reception area
- Sanitising IT equipment
- Wiping down windows, ledges, doors
- Dusting low and high surfaces
- Wiping down light fittings, photo frames, clocks, skirting boards
- Deep cleaning of toilets and kitchen areas
- Laboratory cleaning
- Deep cleaning of public waiting areas and toilets
- Emergency deep cleaning
- Specialist cleaning of medical equipment
- Disposal of hazardous substances
- Disposal of medical waste
- Kitchen and canteen cleaning
- Laboratory cleaning
- Deep cleaning of ambulances and emergency vehicles
- Theatre cleaning
- Cleaning of examination rooms and wards
Bar and Restaurant Cleaning
Having a clean bar or restaurant reflects highly on your level of customer service. If your business looks pristine, your patrons will be confident of having a great experience. It also ensures their health and safety, especially if they’re being served food. Bar and restaurant cleaning can incorporate several areas.
Hospitality cleaning services can involve:
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables and chairs
- Disinfecting flooring
- Deep cleaning public toilets
- Kitchen cleaning
- Disposal of waste
- Wiping down windows and doors
- Sanitising door handles and other commonly touched surfaces
Factory and Manufacturing Plant Cleaning
Industrial cleaning helps to keep business activities running smoothly, as well as keeping employees safe. Commercial cleaners use specialist industrial cleaning equipment to ensure areas are free from dirt, grime, grease or potentially hazardous materials.
Industrial cleaning services may include:
- Mechanical scrubbing
- Cleaning of machinery and equipment
- Cleaning chemical spills
- Specialist hard floor cleaning
- Deep cleaning of kitchens and toilets
- High level cleaning, such as windows, ceilings
- End of lease deep clean
- Deep cleaning of the cockpit
- Disinfecting commonly touched surfaces
- Sanitising food preparation areas
- Disinfecting seat trays, seating and armrests
- Deep cleaning of toilets
- Sanitary waste disposal
- Cleaning overhead compartments
Benefits of Commercial Cleaning Services
Commercial cleaning companies offer many benefits for your business or workplace. Here are some of the benefits of hiring a commercial cleaning company.
Your business meets health and safety guidelines
Commercial cleaning companies keep your workplace clean and safe so you can meet standard health and safety guidelines. They understand the correct cleaning products to use, which will not cause harm to employees. Additionally, they use professional cleaning equipment to ensure your business is free from dirt, grime and bacteria.
Your business looks professional to outside visitors
A clean, tidy company looks professional and respectable. Imagine what your visitors would think if they saw your building looking dirty and unkempt. It could potentially cost your business in the long run, especially if you regularly meet with clients or have members of the public coming into your workplace. Hiring a commercial cleaner keeps your workplace looking smart and presentable around the clock.
You can focus on core business activities
Once you hire a commercial cleaning service, you can get back to what you do best – your core business activities. You don’t have to micro-manage a professional cleaning company or spend hours training them. They are their own individual enterprise and are highly equipped to deal with the cleaning needs of your business.
Commercial cleaners are reliable
A great commercial cleaning company has several highly trained cleaners who will meet the requirements of your workplace. That means they will fulfil their duties when your staff are on holiday or have a period of sickness. Utilising your own staff for cleaning duties is likely to be placed at the end of your to-do list if you have limited staff numbers.
Commercial cleaning companies possess specialist cleaning equipment
Most businesses have a few cleaning products in their possession. Commercial cleaners, on the other hand, have several tools at their disposal, including industrial carpet cleaners, floor polishers, bio cleaning products, and much more.
It creates a motivating atmosphere for employees
A clean and tidy workplace enhances mood, discipline and concentration. Clutter and dirt can be distracting and affect creativity. When staff are focused solely on their job, it improves productivity which helps the business to thrive.